15 June 2008

I got to leave the house

Clark was nice enough to take me out to some yard sales. I only picked six places...this was the first time since we've been here. We hit two church rummage sales, an estate sale, and three yard sales. The last one was a lady selling off some of her crafting stash (to make room and money for new stuff..isn't that how we all are). I got some cloth lace for my stash...I've been running low....all the swaps I've been in lately...my giant button jar is slowly being depleted as well. How sad. :( I did find some buttons at the estate sale....I got a big sewing box for $3. It didn't have as many buttons as I would've liked, but there was vintage trim and a tracing wheel with a wooden handle and a pair of vintage pinking shears. Woohoo.....I already have pinking shears that I got for Christmas, but they are still neat. Speaking of Fiskars pinking shears...when we were at Michaels the other day...they had a pair of the Scalloped Pinking Shears for fabric in the clearance section...I got them for $3...I've been wanting a pair of those for awhile, but had never seen them anywhere. Happy, happy....yes, I've already put them to good use. Back to yesterday...hmmm, what else did I get....vintage fabric (not much...the one rummage sale had loads of fabric...most of it was knit though), vintage linens and hankies from three of the sales, ribbon and other packaging trims...my mind has gone blank..dang it. I haven't had any coffee yet. I'm going to go and have some coffee and read the paper. You need to go over to see Angie's blog...she is a wicked girl. http://angiebeth.blogspot.com/ She is so funny. Bravo Whore is her new nickname.

1 comment: