05 September 2008

I'd like some cheese with my whine

I just reread my last post today...oy. Pop the snot bubble, why don't I. Disgusted with myself. Absolutely disgusted. The creative block just really kicked my ass and left me just down. I'm discouraged that I let my shop get away from me. At times I feel as if I need to make a good profit to justify having a shop. The things I was most excited about haven't done well. So I've been left thinking that I shouldn't do more of those things....the fun things, the ones where I get to be creative. I want to sell vintage things, but I don't want to be a vintage seller. Does that make sense?? So as much as I want to make new things and offer up supplies in a cute way (at least to me)....I am awful afraid to....I should learn to be more patient...things take time and I really didn't do bad for my first month. I just shouldn't be so darn hard on myself. So hopefully, this weekend I can work myself of this funk and come up with some new cute things for the shop. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I've sent the creative genie your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think you were whining, it just seemed like you were really "down". I totally understand what you mean about selling vintage vs. being a vintage seller!
    I am actually thinking about selling some of my vintage things that I don't use or display on Etsy. I never knew there was such a market! But I'm not sure on pricing, either. I guess I'll do some research and see what things are going for. I just want them to go to someone who wants them, not the trash or to sit at a thrift shop forever!

    ReplyDelete