27 May 2013

Happy Things



I know today is Memorial Day and it should be a somber day.  I don't like to be preachy about it...it is different for different people.  I figured I'd show some happy things instead.  We had a team event on Wednesday and we went bowling and had a potluck.  I always bake for potlucks.  :)  I made red velvet cupcakes using this recipe: http://divascancook.com/2009/11/the-best-red-velvet-cake-recipe-easy-homemade-moist-with-southern-flair.html  They turned out pretty good.  I made another Apple Cake with Butterscotch Cream Cheese Frosting and remembered to take a picture this time.  I did forget to take a picture of the corn bread. :)  I shared some of the cupcakes with the van driver and aide for wee one and she gave me these flowers in return.....columbines...I love them.  We used to grow them when I was a child.  I splurged this weekend at the Real (German grocery store plus more).  I got some peonies for 4,99.....I know I bit steep for just three flowers but so worth it.  You can see part of some flowers I got last week....2 bundles of flowers for 2,99 each.  The best thing ever was this Playmobil set.....I've been wanting this one since we got here...it screams Germany.  There is one more Playmobil set I want...it is like a roadside stand with a chicken coop...awesome.  I love Playmobil sets with food.  This one was in sale...just to make it even better.  However you are spending the day I hope you have a good one and don't forget to drop by the auction site tonight and bid on something, please.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment