04 January 2012

A Year Ago Today

We moved to Arizona from Georgia. I can't believe it has already been a year...oy. We got back from our trip on New Year's Eve.....I figured we were on the road last year, so we should be home for this one. Utah was cold...not as much snow as I had hoped for, but enough that the boys could throw snowballs at each other (and their Dad). It was nice spending Christmas with my parents. I've got photos....I just haven't downloaded them yet. My Dad took me on a day of thrifting that lasted around 12 hours, 280 miles, and 15 thrift stores. I found a few things for the shop, but for the most part it was books....lots of books. Some for me (Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Trixie Belden and Agatha), some for wee one's school bus, some for my b-i-l, and some for hubby and Jr. I, also, had a special trip into Salt Lake just to go to shops recommended by one of my favorite bloggers. We all went and saw "Alvin and the Chipmunks: ChipWrecked"...it was cute and wee one really enjoyed it..he kept screaming "Alvin" and "mango and banana"...he knows his fruit. We had two bottles of German wine, that we had my parents bring back for us and have been with them since 2004. Good times. I promise a better post in the future....still getting back in the groove of things....first day where all of them are in school/work....it is so quiet....that is a good thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment