23 January 2012

Adventures in SLC Bluegirl Style


















When we figured out that we were going to Utah for Christmas.....I decided to convo a fellow etsy seller and blogger, Julie Collings (http://www.theadventuresofbluegirlxo.blogspot.com/ ), to ask her for a list of favorite haunts. She obliged (thank goodness) and gave me a list of places. We got a late start (Hubby was nice enough to take me) and hit all but one thing on her list. Here is the list (just in case you find yourself in SLC):



Capital City Antiques (http://www.capitalcityantiquemall.com/)- 959 South West Temple, SLC

I loved this mall....they had great displays, but not too much. I found some great smalls here.



Decades- 627 South State, SLC
We both loved this one. All that vintage clothing....it was awesome. The prices were not bad either. If I didn't have a little Mr Sticky Fingers....I would have bought all sorts of stuff.



Retro Rose- 207 East Broadway, SLC

All their displays were color coordinated- too cool. :)



*Jitter Bug Antiques- 243 East 300 South, SLC

It is a few steps away from Retro Rose....all sorts of vintage toys, ephemera, and other gooodies.



A stop at the Anthropologie at Gateway Mall.


Not the best Anthropologie that I've been to, but they were having a sale...I got a shirt and a copy of Anthology.

Vine Street Antiques- 4854 South State Street, Murray
This was my least favorite.....they had great displays of vintage toys, but were overpriced. No picture...it was too dark.


The * was for the fact that it wasn't on Julie's list. It was fun and nice to see the city from someone else's prespective. :) If you get the chance to try that in a similiar situation, you should.

The reason for the late start...the day before, my Father, took Jr and me on a marathon thrifting session. We started at 0800 and came home after 2100...we hit 10 Deseret Industries, 2 Salvation Army stores, and 2 Savers. It was insane....do not attempt that ever. Oy. I didn't find much for the shop...mostly things for myself. Lots of books. I love books. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment