20 July 2011

Shadowbox Swap









































I never remember how to order my photos. The first five are items that I made for inside her shadowbox...her being Stevie (www.myartcanvas.blogspot.com). I had the worst time painting this shadowbox. The first one..the colors were too bright and I tried painting over them...not my best work. So I ordered two more shadowboxes...good thing I did. I settled on white, because she likes Shabby Chic and Rachel Ashwell paints everything white. :) I was stupid and left the paint for the inner boxes out and wee one decided he wanted to paint. He painted the outside box green....not all of it. I barely had enough green to finish the inside boxes, so I used the outside box of shadowbox #3 and started over again. I decided against the birthday theme, so that she can have it out year round. She is the only female in her household as well. I can feel her pain. I, also, did not glue anything down.....I thought she might like to pull things out to touch them....which led me to fill the last boxes with handmade items she could wear and put back. I made a brooch (with reclaimed Simply Shabby Chic fabric), a ring, and three bobby pins with vintage findings. I had a good time making those and I am tempted to make more. Her favorite colors are pink, mint green, and aqua. The bottom photo is the little box of adorable she made me. :) There is a little fairy sitting on a cake and a fake strawberry....she makes her own strawberries and that is why she got a pea pod from me. She loves fake food as well. :)











No comments:

Post a Comment